Get Involved with SG
Join Student Government!
Join the SG team and become one of the top student leaders on campus by running for office! We have 5 senator positions open for elections this fall and one RSO position.
To learn more about positions, elections dates, voting, and elections rules, visit sg.rit.edu/elections
Become the NTID Senator
We’re looking for highly motivated student to be our next NTID Senator! The NTID Senator is responsible for representing the interests of all NTID students. By working closely with the Cross-Registered Senator, NTID Student Congress and NSCA, the NTID Senator focuses mainly on academic related issues.
In an effort to recruit qualified and motivated candidates, Student Government is currently proposing a bylaw change to open the position to Cross-Registered students in the circumstances that they have completed at least two semesters at NTID within the past two academic years.
- Must have completed at least 2 semesters at NTID within the past 2 academic years (If you are a Cross-Registered student, the acceptance of your application will be dependent upon the bylaw vote during SG’s Senate meeting on Friday, October 12th)
- Must be in good standing with conduct and academics
- Must submit a resume, bio and platform to email@example.com by midnight, Sunday October 14th
- Resume of your professional and leadership experience
- Bio (no more than 250 words OR 90 second video)
- Platform summarizing your vision and goals as NTID Senator (300-500 words OR 3-5 minute video) If you decide to submit a video, please include a full transcript
Submit your application materials to the SG vice president by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed by the Student Government and NSC Presidents and Vice Presidents. Finalists will be expected to participate in a debate during NSCA on Tuesday, October 16th in SDC 1300
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the SG Marketing Team!
Student Government’s Marketing Team is hiring for the 2018-2019 school year! Here are the available positions:
Content and Social Media Strategist
You have a passion for tweeting, posting, and blogging. You have a quick wit and robust sense of humor. And you play nicely with others. If this describes you, you may make the perfect SG Social Media Manager!
The social media manager will manage SG’s social media pages and wordpress website and help SG reach out to the RIT community. They will be responsible for writing posts to inform the student body about SG events, services, and activities.
- Post daily about SG events, services, and activities
- Write monthly newsletters
- Knowledge of Social Media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, snapchat)
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of Public Relations and Marketing
You have an eye for eye-catching design and a sense of style. You are remarkably creative. You get a kick out of sharing your work with others? And you play nicely with others. If this describes you, you may make the perfect SG Graphic Designer!
The graphic designer will help design items to promote SG and reach out to students about SG events, services, and activities. This includes posters, email inserts, banners, and other visual media as required.
- Create Promotional Items (posters, banners, email inserts, etc.)
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
It is preferred that applicants have additional skills in illustration/handlettering or photography. These skills do not require full time positions but we have need for them on occasion.
Photographer & Videographer
You have a passion for capturing the perfect photographic image. For you there is no greater calling than taking that one photo that is actually worth 1,000 words. You are an outstanding visual chronicler of everyday life. If this describes you, you may make the perfect SG Photographer & Videographer!
The photographer/videographer will take photographs and videos of SG events for social media posts as well as promotional materials. They are responsible for capturing images and videos of the highlights and memorable moments from SG events and sharing them with the University community through social media and promotional materials.
- Attend all SG Events
- Take photographs of events for social media posts and promotional materials
- Knowledge of photography and camera usage
Join an SG Committee!
Committees are a great opportunity for any student to get involved in Student Government. You can join a committee of your choice, and work on issues you are passionate about. Any year level student can participate, and we encourage you to join a committee if you are interested in higher leadership roles in Student Government going forward! The time commitment for a committee member is an estimated 1-2 hours per week.
Student Government Committees include:
- Academics & Co-ops
- Housing & Dining
- Facilities, Parking & Transportation
- Student Affairs