SG is Hiring Committee Chairs!
Are you interested in leading a committee? Apply today to be a committee chair! Student Government is currently hiring students to lead Sustainability committee and Student Affairs committee for the 2018 Spring Semester!
If you’re interested in applying, please fill out this form. Additionally, submit a resume to the Director of Operations via email at email@example.com no later than Friday, November 3rd. Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Committee Chairs are required to:
- Host a committee meeting once every week.
- Take accurate meeting minutes, or appoint someone to take meeting minutes.
- Communicate meeting information and meeting minutes to committee members.
- Manage all charges assigned to committee (does not need to take on a charge).
- Delegate and be a resource to committee members as they work through charges during the meeting and outside of the meeting.
- Meet with SG Director of Operations for 1:1 meetings.
- Meet with SG Director of Student Relations for 1:1 meetings.
- Attend Committee Head meeting.
- Attend weekly Senate meeting.
- Submit monthly timesheet of work done.
- Meet and communicate with key department/administrative staff/faculty on behalf of committee members in a timely manner.
One of Student Government’s largest committees, the Sustainability committee helps look at ways to increase sustainable actions on RIT’s campus. Some of their current charges include:
- Creating a campus composting program.
- Opt-out of Junk Mail.
- Sustainable campus beautification projects.
Taking a lot of charges relating to improvement of student life at RIT, some of the current charges of Student Affairs committee are:
- SG Study Abroad Support Fund.
- Student Friendly Rochester.
- Health Center improvements.
- Affordable RIT Merchandise.