Project SpiRIT is a Student Government initiative to increase school spirit, increase attendance at campus events, and foster a stronger sense of community and Tiger Pride at RIT! Students have the opportunity to earn “SpiRIT points” throughout the semester to qualify for prizes. It’s easy:
– Earn 10 SpiRIT points by attending SpiRIT events and getting your ID scanned (see calendar below)
– Earn 5 SpiRIT points for wearing RIT gear on Fridays and getting your ID scanned (details below).
– Accumulate points to earn prizes!
Awarded to the four RIT students that accumulate the most SpiRIT points throughout the semester.
43″ Flat Screen TV
$500 Airline Ticket Voucher (to the airline of your choice)
Reserved Parking Pass (for one semester – open to any RIT student, on or off campus, including Park Point and the Province!)
$500 Barnes & Noble Gift Card – all of your textbooks and supplies for the semester, covered!
Additional prizes include gift cards to local restaurants and Amazon, Project SpiRIT apparel, and pens and stickers.
Upcoming SpiRIT Events
WORTH 10 SPIRIT POINTS
Make sure to get your ID scanned at the event to earn 10 SpiRIT points!
Malaysian Cultural Night: Citrawarna Malaysia 2017
Hosted by Malaysian Student Association
Saturday, April 1st at 6:00pm
Scanning hours: 5:30-6:15pm
Hosted by Alpha Sigma Alpha
Sunday, April 2nd at 11:00am
Scanning hours: 10:45am-12:00pm
Distorter Release Party
Hosted by Reporter Magazine
Monday, April 3rd at 11:30am
Scanning hours: 12:00-2:00pm
Period Party & Health Resource Fair
Hosted by RIT Student Wellness
Thursday, April 6th at 10:00am
Scanning hours: 10:00am-2:00pm
Karaoke for a Cause
Hosted by Alpha Xi Delta
Thursday, April 13th at 8:00pm
Scanning hours: 8:30-10:30pm
Spring Social Latin Dance Night
Hosted by Latin Rhythm Dance Club
Friday, April 14th at 9:00pm
Scanning hours: 8:30-10:30pm
Hosted by STAR
Saturday, April 15th at 12:00pm
SAU and Campus Center
Scanning hours: 7:30-9:00pm
25th Annual Mi Tierra
Hosted by Lambda Alpha Upsilon
Saturday, April 15th at 10:00pm
Scanning hours: 10:00pm-2:00am
MGC Stroll Show
Hosted by Multicultural Greek Council
Saturday, April 29th at 2:00pm
Scanning hours: 2:00-6:00pm
RIT Players Presents: Noises Off
Hosted by RIT Players
Saturday, April 29th at 8:00pm
Scanning hours: 7:30-8:15pm
Wear Your RIT Apparel on Fridays to the SG Office!
WORTH 5 SPIRIT POINTS
Come into the SG office located in the Campus Center wearing RIT apparel on Fridays between 9am and 1pm to get your ID scanned to earn 5 SpiRIT points!
Would you like your event to be apart of Project SpiRIT?
If you’re apart of a club or organization on campus and would like your event to be a Project SpiRIT event, please read our guidelines and fill out the form below.
In order for an event to qualify as a SpiRIT event, the following conditions must be met:
- Event is on campus. If event is off-campus, transportation must be readily available for all students, either provided by the hosting organization or by RIT public transportation.
- Event is open to all students.
- Events must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the event date for consideration.
- Alcohol may not be served at the event, or if alcohol is served it is not to be advertised as part of the event.
- Events must be registered and approved on TheLink through the EVR process.
- Advertisements for the event must include whether or not interpreting services will be provided. If interpreting services are not provided by the organization, the link to request these services must be a part of the advertisement.
- All CCL policies and procedures must be met.
- If event is approved as a SpiRIT event, advertisements must include the Project SpiRIT logo.
- Limited to one event per organization per semester, at the discretion of Student Government’s Director of Programming.